BEFORE YOUR SESSION
• All other appointments should be done at least one day before your tanning session. These include mani/pedi, hair, waxing, botox, facials, massage, etc.
• Shower. Avoid any moisturizing/lotion-y body washes (Dove, Nivea, Oil of Olay, Etc) and body oils.
• Scrub! Scrub! Scrub! Exfoliation is very important!
• Shave if you'd like. Just make sure you avoid shaving creams. Hair conditioner is a great substitute:)
• Do not apply body oils, moisturizer or deodorants to skin after your shower. This can create a barrier on your skin prior to tanning.
• Clean, Exfoliated, Product-Free skin is BEST!
BRING TO YOUR SESSION
• Black swimsuit or underwear (cotton) if wearing this during session
• Dark loose fitting clothing (cotton) for after tan
• Flip flops or open top shoes (flats, etc)
• An umbrella (in case of bad weather)
• Large towel to place over your car seat to avoid staining if wearing shorts/dress after
• NO JEANS/LEGGINGS/TIGHT YOGA STYLE PANTS
DURING YOUR SESSION
• Your session will last approx 15-20 mins.
• Girls may wear bathing suit, undergarments or tan nude. Disposable thongs are also provided.
• Men must wear underwear or shorts.
• The custom tan will be mixed and applied by hand.
• The Tanning Technician will clean your hands and allow you to dry for a few minutes. After a short drying period you will get dressed.
AFTER YOUR TANNING SESSION
• Place a towel over your driver’s seat for your car ride home if wearing shorts or skirt/dress to avoid transfer of bronzer to car seat.
• Avoid any activity that would cause sweating; exercise, cleaning, or showering, as your spray tan is developing during these hours. Contact with water or sweat could result in lines or uneven tanning.
• If you choose to sleep in your spray tan so that it darkens overnight, please sleep in pj pants/sweat pants and a tee/top to avoid transfer of any bronzer to your sheets.
• After development time, shower normally. You will see some color wash away from your skin. This is completely normal. It is the cosmetic bronzer.
• Wash with a mild, moisturizing, sulfate-free shower gel. No lotion based body washes (Dove, Oil of Olay)
• If shaving, use a new razor and no shaving creams please.
• After shower, pat dry...avoid rubbing the fresh tan.
• Apply a mineral oil free/petroleum free moisturizer at least twice a day to maintain tan.
• The life of your spray tan depends on the care you take of your skin.
MAINTAIN YOUR TAN
• Band Aids, Pore Strips, Waxing...or anything else that rips the skin.
• Anti Aging or Anti Acne products. These turn your skin over faster therefore fading your tan quicker.
• Bar Soaps (especially drug store brands)...unless naturally oil-based (like shea butter, goats milk, olive oil, and cocoa butter soaps)
• Lotiony body washes like Dove, OIl of Olay and Nivea, among others
• Hair Removal Creams and Shaving with a dull razor
• Baby oil/Mineral oil/Petro-based products
• SPF Oils and Sprays that contain MINERAL OIL! Most have this...so stick with SPF LOTION or one of the brands we offer in-studio.
• Manicures, pedicures, waxing, facials
The SPRAY STUDIO® Body Care Collection is highly recommended for best tanning results!!
• Natural plant oil based lotions and moisturizers! But be aware of ingredients because lots of all natural ingredients can still lessen the life of the tan and even strip it
• ALL NATURAL bar soaps and sulfate-free body washes/gel-based
• Talc-Free baby powders/body powders to reduce lines from sweating
• SPF LOTIONS or tanning oils and sprays that are free of mineral oil. We offer a few brands in-studio that are amazing!
• Gradual tanning lotions/products
If at all possible, you should try to avoid contact with chlorine or excessive sweating inside of closed toed shoes, as both can lead to premature fading of a spray tan. If you notice uneven or premature fading of your spray tan, you can always correct this by touching up your spray tan with an at home tanning product. Please ask your tanning technician for more information.
There are lots of trick and a ton of additional info on correct products to use and aftercare techniques. These will be shared with you during your first tanning session. Knowing how sunless tanning works and the proper care for the tan will result in close to perfect tan...with flawless fading and maximum longevity. It is your choice whether to use these tips, tricks, and info...
The average sunless tan last from 5-10 days...depending on your personal factors.